I am looking for a Constituency Assistant in Hay River. This is a great opportunity to help the people of Hay River while at the same time gaining skills and making valuable contacts.
Employer: MLA from Hay River North. This is a contract position with the MLA – it is not a GNWT position.
Wage: $25/hr, negotiable
Hours: Full-time, negotiable, flexible, occasional evenings/weekends, occasional travel
Location: Hay River, occasional travel to Yellowknife
Duties: The Constituency Assistant will perform an array of support services for the Member of the Legislative Assembly including, but not limited to:
- Managing the constituency office under the general supervision of the MLA
- Maintaining a regular presence at the constituency office
- Fielding constituent questions, requests, and complaints in person, by email, and over the phone
- Liaising with MLAs, Ministers, Legislative Assembly staff, other governments, and various community and territorial organizations
- Administrative and secretarial tasks (answering phones, scheduling, etc.)
- Keeping an up to date schedule of local and territorial events
- Providing daily updates of local and territorial news and events
- Public relations (including posting on social media, newspaper ads, etc.)
- Bookkeeping and record management
- Aiding in co-ordination of travel
- Occasionally attending local meetings and events (Town Council, Chamber of Commerce, etc.)
- Occasional travel to Yellowknife
- Other duties as required to aid the MLA in serving the people of Hay River and the NWT
Requirements: The primary requirements are a positive and respectful attitude, good written and oral communication skills, and competency with computers. Knowledge of the duties and functions of GNWT departments, and research skills are additional assets but not requirements.
How to apply: This posting is now closed.